Thursday, June 6, 2013

Welcome and a Little Background...


Hi, my name is Kristen and I'm a wife, mother of three girls, home decor blogger, antiques collector, dealer, furniture painter, wannabe designer, and consummate dreamer.  You may know me from my DIY, furniture makeovers and budget-friendly home decor blog over at Sophia's. If you've followed my journey over the years, you'll know that long ago,  I started decorating on a budget by shopping vintage shows and eventually became a vendor at many vintage shows from The Farm Chicks Show in Spokane, WA to Luckett's Spring Market in Leesburg, VA. When I had signed up to be a vendor at my first vintage show back in 2007, I had left my career and was a new stay-at-home-mom.  Despite being content staying home to care for my young children, I felt the need to stretch my creative wings and have a hobby outside of home-making.  I quickly dove into painting furniture, making vintage-inspired jewelry,barn digging, and re-purposing thrift store finds and I haven't looked back!  Being a part of these shows meant so much to me... Not only was there a community of supportive women that encouraged entrepreneurship, but the vintage/antique shows became meccas for affordable, vintage-style home decor and furniture for local shoppers.  It was a win-win for everyone!

After moving to North Carolina from the Pacific Northwest two years ago,  I longed to take part in these shows, only find there aren't many around!   As I've connected with more and more talented furniture artisans,  local vintage and antique dealers in the area, it has become clear that I am not the only one wanting to be part of something larger...larger than what we can create in our spare time in the craft room, larger than what we can paint in our garages, and larger than what can we carry in our booths or stores.  At the same time, there are many homeowners and lovers of that vintage-style out there, just hoping to find that perfect treasure for their home, whether it be a painted dresser or an elusive antique.  It only makes sense to bring the two together for a vintage market right here in North Carolina...and that's why Carolina Vintage Market was launched!

Right now, Carolina Vintage Market is gathering potential vendors for future market dates and holding "mini" markets with a small amount of vendors.  If you are interested in becoming a future vendor of Carolina Vintage Market, please email carolinavintagemarket@gmail.com.